2.3
Interest Rate

Ditech promised a lot because I was an existing customer.They did not deliver.

I was promised a lower rate and did not get it. I was treated poorly by the loan adjuster. The salesperson who took my info was great but the loan adjuster that took over from there was not responsive to questions and did not help. Clearly did not care.

I was told if I received a better offer, Ditech would match it. I stated several times that I had received a better offer and it was glossed over and ignored. Finally I had to cancel the process and work with another lender to get the deal and customer service I needed. I expected more as a "valued customer".

I then received an email from Ditech informing me that I was not approved for the loan because "I did not meet requirements." I had cancelled the process due to Ditech's poor performance and they documented it differently in their system. I was entitled to an Escrow refund. Ditech requested a review of my Escrow account on Sept. 2nd.

The refund has not arrived. They said they sent the check on Sept. 1st, but since the review wasn't requested until the 2nd, that was clearly incorrect which could mean they are using their system to cover up delays and mistakes and then lie to customers. So Ditech has owed me a substantial sum for a long time and their records are incorrect.

This is shady behavior for a company that has to follow Federal Law. I just requested a re-issue of my Escrow refund. Was told it will take two weeks.

Ditech refused to send it certified or direct deposit it into my bank account, which they have the information for.If it doesn't arrive ASAP, they will get a BBB complaint and I'll find more of these websites to hammer them on.

Review about: Ditech Customer Care.

Reason of review: Poor customer service, Pricing Issue, Not as Described, Problems with Payment.

Preferred solution: Let the company propose a solution.

I liked: Mortgage sales people are great.

I didn't like: Loan process after moving beyond sales.

Had an Experience with Ditech?

Comments

Making a complaint with the CFPB is a waste of time.The CFPB sued them when they were Greentree and I'm not sure if consumers ever saw a penny of it.

Learn what a QWR (qualified written request) is and use it.

It takes longer but well worth it if you can get them to violate RESPA.Keep the records and then find an attorney and sue them.

They're famous for screwing people.Make a complaint to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau with your documentation.

Their customer service are people with no conscience.They don't give a sh## if you get your money.

Sounds like my experience with Huntington Bank .